Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Little Black Dress

Every girl needs a little black dress, right?  Today's refashion started with an ill fitting, boxy black dress.
I am in need of a business professional outfit for a presentation next week and I figured this would do the trick!  I removed the sleeves, buttons, and brought the waist in and the hips out. The buttons weren't actually functional (there is a zipper in the back), but when I removed the buttons there is a placket along the front would not lay flat.  I quickly fixed this with a seam down the front.  And voila!

If you want a little more info on how I made this transformation happen you can check out my original post.  Happy sewing everyone! 

6 comments: said...

So classy! I love it :)

Bailey Mills said...

So much better!

RanchHouse said...

Always need a LBD. This is sharp looking.
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

Nanna said...

wow I like that!


J said...

Love the 'new' dress! You look like you are channeling Audrey Hepburn (but with hip wayfarers!)

Shawn Elizabeth said...

Thanks you guys! :) I'll be wearing this dress for my MA thesis defense next week, hopefully it brings me luck! :)