NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Little fixes to a corduroy coat

A green corduroy coat that a friend gave me. I liked most things about it, but the sleeves were too long for me (as always) and I thought the collar and lapels were too big.

I removed the collar, cut it in half lengthways and reattached it again.
I cut out triangles of the lapels to make them smaller.
I shortened the sleeves. I had to remove the sleeve tabs when I shortened the sleeves, and instead of reattaching them, I used them to create a mock belt  The buttons button onto coat button no. 2.
(the coat already had a...ehhh.... "waist tab"? from side to side around the back, so I just finished the circle).
 

I look forward to use it, when spring comes. A few simple changes, and I like it a lot better now.
Blogpost: Spring Coat

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Those adjustments make the coat look much better. I love the color too.
Debbie
EOD