Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pleated sateen skirt shorter

Skirt in thick cotton sateen. It had deep pleats allover (difficult to see in the picture) and was very heavy. I was drowning in fabric.f.

I shortened the skirt by 20 cm (8") and removed almost 1 m2 of fabric (very roughly the same as 1 yard squared.

I like it a lot better now the heaviness it gone. Also it now fit into my everyday clothes, where the original skirt was limited to festive occasions.
I tried styling it in a few different ways.

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

You had me at skirt and ruffle! I love love love love the refashioned skirt, and I love how you paired with the brown sweater. Very cute.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD