Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Skirt fitted to an hourglass figure

I thought this skirt had many awesome details: The blue velvet fabric, the cut, the button panels in the front, and the frills in the back.
But it was a h&m, which means straight up and down fit. And I have an hourglass figure. It was too wide in the waist and too narrow around the hips.



 The frills in the back.

I needed extra fabric for expanding the skirt and fortunately the skirt was too long. I shortened it and removed the bottommost frill.

I decided to put the expansion panels on either side of the frills panel. There they would hopefully look like they were an original part of the design.
Also the cutoff was slightly rounded, and would match that part of me, that it the most rounded ;-).
Lot of pictures of the process on my blog HERE.

The final result.


 The panel/gusset accentuated, and there is an identical one at the other side.

Needs to be ironed...

My blog: http://www.sagaifarver.dk

2 comments:

Sandy said...

This is a brilliant idea! A real good fit now.
Sandy in the UK

g.satansbraten said...

O.O my oh my - what a good battle of yours!!!

Yet, you're right: worth the effort!

LG, Gerlinde
on my knees in admiration