Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, March 09, 2015

Stripey summer top a size larger

Nice top, but to narrow (it doesn't look to bad in the photo, but it was uncomfortably tight around my tummy).

The wrap was a real wrap, not a mock one, so I had enough fabric to work with.
I swapped the two front pieces.
I draped the new outer frontpiece in a way I thought looked nice.
I stitched it to the inner frontpiece about 5 cm (2") from the sideseam.
I added a piece of black elastic lace for a nice finish.
On my blog HERE you can see pictures of how I reworked this top

The finished top.

And action:


Eimear Greaney said...

great shaping, well done

Refashion said...

The top looks a much nicer shape on you now

Debbie EOD