NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Summer skirt to twirl in

Hov funny, today I have made a refashion identical to the one Liochka posted today (this one).

A children's dress. I am usually not into flowers and butterflies (which this print has), but this print was just lovely: Cute without being all princessy and pink.

I removed the top of the dress, and sewed on an elastic, turned it to the wrong side and stitched it down. Done. It took 10 minutes.


I was worried if I had anything to match it with, but it seems to match everything. Nice. 
(By the way, the skirt does have a lining. It is tight on me, but is fortunately in a knitted fabric).

 Well ok, I admit it, I do feel a little tiny bit girly twirly in it ;-)


My blog: http://www.sagaifarver.dk

6 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

;-) Fair enough, even the more grown up fairies deserve some girly twirly moments - mho!
I'm just yearning for something similar after minutes before having had a very disbelieving look down at myself to realise (agaiiin = thought that's over and done in the new house ) full of sawdust, glue and blood from wounds I'd better do up myself a tad before I even dare to touch the computer for a break ^^!
I've to admit: you girls got me onto an idea for something similar - thanks!

LG, Gerlinde
suspecting a veeeery easy altogether clean up for me at the end of this day - yet still to be invented: THE washing machine to hop in cloths and all; soaking usually necessary for me :-o yet 'gentle spin only' thought after since worn out already ;-)

cfortin said...

Such a pretty new skirt.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

cucicucicoo: ecological living said...

Wow! What size was the dress to begin with? It looks pretty small, but maybe it's just hard to tell from the picture. I never would've imagined that one of my daughter's old dresses could become a skirt for me! And from the pictures here, it doesn't look too girly at all! Nice job! :) Lisa

Saga said...

It was 128 cl. That would equal about 8 years old in a Scandinavian child, maybe 10 yo in countries where people are smaller.
The pleats helped giving it some extra width.
And fortunately I am size S in the waist.

cucicucicoo: ecological living said...

Ah, that explains it! I am definitely not size S in the waist! :)

g.satansbraten said...


... Ladies, some short skirts for young girls are even nice to be converted into tops (for not so 'weeell-jugged'* maturer Ladies ;-) !)

LG, Gerlinde


* slang for 'not much breasts' ?