Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sweatshirt to Market Tote

I had this sweatshirt loitering in my wardrobe. Too many tumbles in a too hot dryer had left it a little less slouchy on me than I would have liked! A few quick cuts and minimal sewing later...and I turned it into a tote bag that now houses my ever growing stash of T Shirt yarn! My current obsession!

It's sturdier than a standard t shirt bag and I found a way to  use the ribbing to reinforce the handles :)

Get the full step by step here!


Kathy W. said...

I LOVE this project! Totally copying this!

Portia Lawrie said...

Thanks Kathy! Copy away, lol! Px

jennifer elliott said...

I have an obsession with totes and cute bags. Great tutorial.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

P.S. I hope you don't mind that I've been posting your refashions to the Refashion Co-op's Instagram site. :)

Portia Lawrie said...

Of course I don't Jennifer :) Thank you!