Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, April 24, 2015

A Jumpsuit Gets New Life as a Dress

I started with this Sheri Martin, New York jumpsuit that had lost it’s size label a long time ago. This quirky number was built for the very tall, jump-suit adoring woman… aka not me. (I am actually wearing jeans under it in this photo!)

I knew I wanted to make this into a dress, so the first thing I did was rip out the leg seams so I could put it on my dress form. From there, took in all of the too big parts, made a couple of new seams and shortened it to my desired length.

The end result was a dress that I could wear to the office.

To see more details and pictures from this refashion, visit my blog at


Andrea said...

So much better as a dress! I love a good basic, and this dress will be so versatile! Thanks for sharing :)

Andrea EOD

jennifer elliott said...

I agree with Andrea! So much better as a cute little dress. Great job!

jenny_o said...

What a great job! You had good eyes to see this dress in that jumpsuit :)