NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Dotted Swiss


When my girls were young, they wore dresses made from dotted swiss, usually Easter dresses.  I picked up a skirt the other day at a thrift store with a pretty blue floral pattern printed on top of embroidered dots.  It was kind of an updated version of the flocked dotted swiss that my girls used to wear.  I shopped around until I found a white dotted swiss blouse that could be merged with the skirt to make a pretty retro-inspired springtime dress.


The bodice has small embroidered dots with crocheted lace detailing.


The skirt has larger embroidered dots with a pretty blue floral pattern printed over it.



If you would like to see more pics and a step-by-step of how it was done, 
please check out my blog, Second Chances By Susan.  Thanks!



2 comments:

jenny_o said...

What a sweet summer dress! It makes me want to find some dotted Swiss myself.

jennifer elliott said...

So cute and sweet. I love it. Great refashion.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD