Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Dotted Swiss


When my girls were young, they wore dresses made from dotted swiss, usually Easter dresses.  I picked up a skirt the other day at a thrift store with a pretty blue floral pattern printed on top of embroidered dots.  It was kind of an updated version of the flocked dotted swiss that my girls used to wear.  I shopped around until I found a white dotted swiss blouse that could be merged with the skirt to make a pretty retro-inspired springtime dress.


The bodice has small embroidered dots with crocheted lace detailing.


The skirt has larger embroidered dots with a pretty blue floral pattern printed over it.



If you would like to see more pics and a step-by-step of how it was done, 
please check out my blog, Second Chances By Susan.  Thanks!



2 comments:

jenny_o said...

What a sweet summer dress! It makes me want to find some dotted Swiss myself.

jennifer elliott said...

So cute and sweet. I love it. Great refashion.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD