Friday, April 17, 2015

dress to tunic - butterick 5191 to simplicity 1364

refashion dress to tunic
I made this dress last year, and could not bring myself to complete it fully as - there was a flaw in the fabric, and also when I tried it on it was quite frumpy.  Simpliciity have a blogger sewing challenge currently so I opted to try one of their patterns.  In the middle of sewing, I managed (with no great effort it seems) to put a hole near the neckline.  I have rescued it for the moment but may undo this and try a collar or contrast fabric. more details here

2 comments:

Gingham Ginger said...

Nice!

Andrea said...

I like the tunic top and the pocket is great! Hope you can easily fix the collar!

Andrea EOD