Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, April 02, 2015

Floral and Stripes

I purchased the striped shirt on clearance and planned to wear it as is but unfortunately I bleached the underarms and it was unwearable. 
                                         I had this floral shirt f o r e v e r and grew tired of it...

                       I cut out  and sewed the back of the striped shirt to the floral shirt. 
I cut the front panel off of the floral shirt instead of using the seam ripper and therefore, was short on fabric. ( I had originally planned to sew the front floral panel to the back of the striped shirt,  but that was a total fail). I then had to add extra fabric to make it work, so I added some of the striped fabric to the front shoulder area. I  also removed the collar. 



jennifer elliott said...

I applaud your courage for mixing florals and stripes together. I become so frustrated when a refashion doesn't turn out the way you planned, but we're creative people and just think of another way. :) In the end, you did a great job!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Give the Cat a Name said...

good save!

therefashstash said...

That turned out awesome! I love the stripes and floral! Very unique!