Thursday, April 09, 2015

Little Red Dress with Bow

Oh heyyy!  My name is Sofia of Salvage Stitchery and I am new to the blogging world but an ol’ regular in the world of sewing and refashioning. I studied painting, sculpture and printmaking in a fine arts program in university for 4 years and I have been sewing since I was just a kid. I have been doing custom clothing and alterations ever since I graduated and by day I work in environmental conservation and event planning.


You can find more about me and my work at www.salvagestitchery.wordpress.com  

My latest refashion projects is this adorable red sun dress as a defense against cabin fever. We have long, cold winters in Canada and this dress helped me envision the warm weather that is soon to come! 

BEFORE
 

 THE STEPS:
1. Hem the dress form the bottom. 
2. Take in the side seams to be less baggy on the bust and hip. 
3. add an elastic to the waist. 
4. Used the excess fabric to make a bow for the waistband and add the cap sleeves. 




AFTER


BEFORE/AFTER

Thanks for reading/viewing and I hope to share more of my projects soon! 
- Sofia, Salvage Stitchery

See more HERE


3 comments:

eimear said...

nice addition of cap sleeves

jennifer elliott said...

Welcome to the community! I love your first refashion. I love almost anything in red. Great job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Unknown said...

Nice dress for ladies and we are offering more designer Online Ladies Garments in Delhi