Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Mens Shirt and Boys Jeans turned Boho Beach Top

It's been WAY too long since I have done a refashion.  I have been so consumed with life and all of it's many demands on my time that I just haven't had the time to sew.  In fact, I often wonder where did all the time go that I use to have to do all the things that I love to do?  I honestly can't figure it out, but when I catch these time bandits, I am going to give them a good talking to!

I did this refashion a few months back, but I'm just finally getting around to posting it.  I'm going to go ahead and assume you all are as time deprived as I am and just cut right to the chase.

This is a mens button up shirt with a sweet print.

These are a pair of my son's old blue jeans.

I used the jeans to make little cut outs that I sewed together and formed a neckline.  I took the shirt and used some of the fabric to make a bodice.  I combined them to create this cool, boho, beachy top.

I see this with a cool, high waisted skirt.  I didn't have one on hand, but I should make one ... you know .... when I have some free time.  ;)

I washed it a few times to make the denim fray a bit on the edges.

I put a separating zipper in the back, but the denim neckline is sewn together.

I liked using the denim this way, but next time I think I will make the cut outs just a tad smaller all the way around.

I hope to have some more fun projects to share really soon.

As soon as I find the time.

Check out my blog for more details:


jennifer elliott said...

What a fun refashion! I love the bright colors. Great job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

therefashstash said...

Wow that is too cool!