NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Quick Sweater Rehab!

.

Hi Everyone!

It has been too long my friends! But alas! I am back!!! The following is my latest rehab, just a simple one. Both the sweater and the skirt were given to me by a friend. The skirt was a perfect new one, exactly my size! The sweater was a 2X however, and had to be cut down.








IMG_2911

The sweater in this picture was in perfect new condition but unfortunately was a 2X.

.

IMG_2861

.

I saw great potential as a good basic and the knit was a close tight one, thus easy to cut and sew!

IMG_2862

.

Step 1) Once again my sewing professors would shudder, but this is the "Thrifty Chic" talking. I just laid down a favorite t-Shirt and lined up the top of the sleeves and the neck.

.

IMG_2863

Step 2) I cut away the excess under the arms leaving a 1/2" seam allowance under the arms.

.

IMG_2865

.

IMG_2866

Step 3) I pinned the underarms together and made a 1/2" seam followed by a finish with my overlock machine!

IMG_2871



Enjoy Everyone!  Til next time!
Mary

2 comments:

Annikins said...

I was just wondering where you had got to. It looks very stylish

RanchHouse said...

What a treat! I missed seeing you on the site and I want to shout, "Look who's here!"
I am sure your steps will inspire at least one of us to give this a try.
Mary @ Ranch House
Wednesday Editor if the Day (EOD)