NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Red Floral Refash

I picked up this red floral dress for $2 at my favorite thrift shop a couple months ago at their 50% off Presidents' Day Sale.

Red Floral Refash - Before

I removed the shoulder pads, waist ties, and sleeves. I shortened the hem, realized I cut it too short, reattached the fabric and added some decorative folds to disguise the mistake and shorten it the correct amount. And finally, I created side-seam pockets from the original sleeves.

Red Floral Refash - After

Red Floral Refash - After

More details can be found over at CarissaKnits!

Red Floral Refash - Before & After

1 comment:

cfortin said...

Cute refashion Carissa. I love it with the yellow accessories.

Cindy
Upcycled Design Lab