Monday, April 20, 2015

Refashion man's shirt to summer top

At the moment I am working on a project that specifically looks at refashioning men's shirts. As the project has just started and is still in the experimental stage, the first set of 10 shirts were turned into 2 dresses, 1 skirt, 2 summer tops, a tote bag and some of the left overs I hand wrapped as flowers for embellishments.

The first top I worked on was this cute summer refashion.


I started with these 10 shirts, all cotton and in various sizes, the top in this refashion is the one in the centre of the image below.


Next I cut off the sleeves, collars, cuffs. leaving the body of the shirts intact.


Following the step by step instructions here, I turned the shirt into this cute little top.



3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love this and I want one! So cute and such a great print :)

Missy Bonkers said...

Thanks Andrea, :) was lovely fabric to work with.

cfort82 said...

Very cute refashion. I like the scooped neck.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab