NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, April 20, 2015

Refashion man's shirt to summer top

At the moment I am working on a project that specifically looks at refashioning men's shirts. As the project has just started and is still in the experimental stage, the first set of 10 shirts were turned into 2 dresses, 1 skirt, 2 summer tops, a tote bag and some of the left overs I hand wrapped as flowers for embellishments.

The first top I worked on was this cute summer refashion.


I started with these 10 shirts, all cotton and in various sizes, the top in this refashion is the one in the centre of the image below.


Next I cut off the sleeves, collars, cuffs. leaving the body of the shirts intact.


Following the step by step instructions here, I turned the shirt into this cute little top.



3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love this and I want one! So cute and such a great print :)

Missy Bonkers said...

Thanks Andrea, :) was lovely fabric to work with.

cfortin said...

Very cute refashion. I like the scooped neck.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab