Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Renaissance (a shirt gets born again!)

I really liked the style of this medieval-looking top I got in a bulk lot on eBay, but I couldn't figure out what to do with the weird bib-like flaps on the front and back. It was also too short for me, so I decided to remove the flaps and use them to add length at the bottom hem. I took the string tie and moved it to the bottom as well—the better to hide my messy sewing with!

The backside is less than stellar, but overall I feel like the reborn shirt is an improvement. A step-by-step description of the project is over at my blog, The Unfashionista!




jenny_o said...

Oh, this is much better!

Elizabeth Hill said...

Definitely an improvement!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus