Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, April 06, 2015

Shirt Skirt Refash!

Lately I've been doing a lot of running around on my days off but that doesn't mean I can't look cute doing it! 
Part 1: I took this awesome striped men's shirt and turned it into a skirt! 
Let's get sewing!
I cut the shirt just under the sleeves. Then I measured my waist and cut 3/4inch elastic to size. I folded over the top of the shirt to make a casing for my elastic. Making sure I left a 2 inch space to thread in my elastic! After getting my elastic in place I sewed it together and closed the 2 inch gap. Then I sewed along the buttons so there would be no oopsies. No one needs their shirt skirt flapping open when out in public!
Part 2: I obviously need a top for my new skirt. I had another $3 polo in my stash that needed some help. 
First the collar needed to go! This shirt will forget that it once was a polo shirt! I removed the buttons and put them in my button stash for a later date. I folded over the front into a v-neck and sewed it in place. Now my favorite part: a little pocket detail! A little bit of lace and a button!
  I wore my new outfit out to do my grocery shopping!

Happy Refashioning! 
Check out some more of my refashes: 


jennifer elliott said...

My husband and I visited with friends and family for an extended Easter weekend, and I packed as many cute skirts as I could. I tossed in a pair of jeans and sweats just in case, but for the most part, I wore skirts throughout the trip. Whether we're running errands or meeting friends for lunch, skirts make us look cute and I love it! Great job!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Marisa Glied said...

Plus skirts take up less space then jeans when packing!! I'm notorious for overpacking but I like to have my options! Skirts and dresses are where its at!