Monday, April 06, 2015

Shirt Skirt Refash!

Lately I've been doing a lot of running around on my days off but that doesn't mean I can't look cute doing it! 
Part 1: I took this awesome striped men's shirt and turned it into a skirt! 
 
Let's get sewing!
I cut the shirt just under the sleeves. Then I measured my waist and cut 3/4inch elastic to size. I folded over the top of the shirt to make a casing for my elastic. Making sure I left a 2 inch space to thread in my elastic! After getting my elastic in place I sewed it together and closed the 2 inch gap. Then I sewed along the buttons so there would be no oopsies. No one needs their shirt skirt flapping open when out in public!
Part 2: I obviously need a top for my new skirt. I had another $3 polo in my stash that needed some help. 
 
First the collar needed to go! This shirt will forget that it once was a polo shirt! I removed the buttons and put them in my button stash for a later date. I folded over the front into a v-neck and sewed it in place. Now my favorite part: a little pocket detail! A little bit of lace and a button!
  I wore my new outfit out to do my grocery shopping!
 

Happy Refashioning! 
Check out some more of my refashes: 

2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

My husband and I visited with friends and family for an extended Easter weekend, and I packed as many cute skirts as I could. I tossed in a pair of jeans and sweats just in case, but for the most part, I wore skirts throughout the trip. Whether we're running errands or meeting friends for lunch, skirts make us look cute and I love it! Great job!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

TheRefashStash said...

Plus skirts take up less space then jeans when packing!! I'm notorious for overpacking but I like to have my options! Skirts and dresses are where its at!