It was certainly on the shapeless side, and the neck was too high for my liking, but the print on it was so cute... Who could resist those little skulls!
I wanted to turn it into a cardigan, so I cut it right down the centre front and bound the edges in white bias binding. After sewing on the red buttons, I had planned to sew button holes directly into the opposite side but my machine did not like sewing onto the knitted fabric. I had to go back to the drawing board, and came up with the elastic 'bungee' fastening you can see in the after photo. I just made little elastic loops opposite the buttons, and these hook right over the large buttons I used.
To finish it off, I added a red bow, just because everything looks cuter with a bow on it!