NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Updated cashmere coat

I suffer from at bit of refashion fatigue right now, but decided to finish the stuff, I had in the just-need-the-last-little-something basket.

I blogged about this coat some months ago. Now I have finally finished it. Lovely red cashmere wool duffelcoat. But I would rather have a simple, fitted coat.

So I took it in.
And made the hood into a collar.
I removed the sleeve straps, the pocket, the loops, and the duffel buttons. I left the leather patches as I think they add viaul interest.

Since there were marks, where the pockets had been attached to the coat, I needed to cover them in some way. I finally decided to use red velvet ribbon. I ironed it on using iron-on interfacing with glue on both sides (it was actually strips of it, that came with a pair of curtains, I once bought from IKEA).

I also put it on at the sleeves to pull the design together.

And now it hangs in my closet untill autumn....

1 comment:

Refashion said...

I like the new fit of the coat and it is such a great colour
Debbie EOD