I suffer from at bit of refashion fatigue right now, but decided to finish the stuff, I had in the just-need-the-last-little-something basket.
I blogged about this coat some months ago. Now I have finally finished it. Lovely red cashmere wool duffelcoat. But I would rather have a simple, fitted coat.
So I took it in.
And made the hood into a collar.
I removed the sleeve straps, the pocket, the loops, and the duffel buttons. I left the leather patches as I think they add viaul interest.
Since there were marks, where the pockets had been attached to the coat, I needed to cover them in some way. I finally decided to use red velvet ribbon. I ironed it on using iron-on interfacing with glue on both sides (it was actually strips of it, that came with a pair of curtains, I once bought from IKEA).
I also put it on at the sleeves to pull the design together.
And now it hangs in my closet untill autumn....