NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Memorial Day Dress

Hello, Re-fashion Co-Op! This is my first post on this site and I'm really excited to be sharing my refashions with so many other awesome refashionistas :) I've been blogging at Accidental Seamstress for 2 years now and I'm officially hooked on DIY fashion. My name is Laura and I'd like to share my "Memorial Day Dress" with you first.



I got this awesomely ugly 90s dress for only .99 cents. That's my "rule." I never go over $1 when I'm scouting out refashions.

This just needed a few tweeks to make it "cookout" worthy for the holiday. I put it on my homemade dress form and took it in. I also raised the shoulders a little bit, and I seam ripped off those horrible side ties and decorative buttons.


Next, I did a bit of cutting...


I finished that raw bottom hem with my favorite hem of all time: A rolled hem.

Easy peasy. And, this one is easily a new favorite :) If you'd like to see a more detailed description of what I did, feel free to see my original post.

Happy Refashioning!








4 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

Welcome to the Refashion Co-op! I look forward to more of your refashions! I'm so jealous that you're able to find great finds for $1 or less -- I have a hard time finding great steals likes that. Great refashion -- I would wear the dress all the time.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Therese said...

Looks great, well done! I can only join Jennifer in being jealous about $1.00 finds. Looking forward to more of your work!

Anielska Aniela said...

Love your ''new'' dress. I have ugly 90s dress as well , even little similar, you gave me nice idea, thank you!

Accidental Seamstress said...

Thanks, girls :) If you all have a local Goodwill close by, they're the ones that run .99 cent sales on Sunday. Just fyi :)