NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Make Kids Clothes Last Longer - A Refashion

My kid has a lot of clothes but she grows out of them so fast that they barely get worn. This makes me sad when I love an outfit she can no longer fit into. So I had an idea. Maybe I can refashion some of these things and make them last longer! I love NOT spending money on new kid clothes and I love refashioning so it seems like the perfect solution. We will start with this cute little number:

I love rompers!
I love this little romper and she only wore it about 3 times before she got too tall for it. So I decided it would make a great summer top! I started by cutting off the bottom where the leg holes and the crotch snaps are:

SNIP!
 Then I used pins to fold over the bottom to make a new hem:


Then I sewed that new hem down and ironed it when I was done:


It took me less than 10 minutes total to refashion this romper into a super cute summer top. Now we will get more use out of it!

Before and after!
I have many more kids clothes refashions coming soon! Check my blog here for this post and upcoming kids refashions!

4 comments:

Kathy W. said...

So smart!!!!!

jenny_o said...

Cute, and so useful. I wish I had thought about refashioning when my kids were little!

cfortin said...

Very cute and a great idea.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Lolo said...

Thanks everyone! I only wish I had thought of this when she was younger!