NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Friday, May 01, 2015

Punked out Peasant Top

I found this standard black peasant style knit top. It was clearly designed with a very small busted woman in mind, because it covered so little of my chest that it was borderline obscene. :P

This picture really doesn't do justice to the neckline.
I thought that I would just flip the shirt around and have the front be the back, but that brought it's own problem. The now-back now showed the back of my bra. :(

Digging through my fabric stash today, I found the perfect fix.

Skull Lace!
With a little pinning help from my husband (I really, really need a dress form, but they're so expensive), I added a lace panel to the very low back of my shirt with red thread (because why not?). And now I have a much more interesting shirt. :)

New back!

New front.

2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

Why not use red thread? Looks awesome to me. I've been keeping an eye on a dress form at a local consignment store. I need one too ...

Jennifer Elliott. EOD

Saga said...

Great new detail.