Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Purse to Wristlet

Hey everyone! I've got another simple refashion to show you today. A few years back my Mom gave me this here wallet purse. It's my absolute favorite. It fits all of my "junk" in such an organized fashion and comes with removable/adjustable straps so you can wear it as a purse. I just love it so! It usually stays in my diaper bag, but on the rare occasion when I get to travel light, I just take my nifty purse!

Unfortunately, most every time I tried to use it in this way, the silly hooks that hold the straps on would come loose!!!  So to save my favorite wallet (and my sanity) I decided to improve on it's design!

My first step was to trim the purse strap to wristlet length. By doing this, I also removed those pesky clips.

In this picture I am checking the length prior to sewing.

I used my rock-solid Rocketeer to sew this. She is a lot more forgiving when sewing thicker items.

I had to sew the straps sideways to get traction from both feed dogs.

I sewed MANY stitches back and forth to make sure the straps could withstand the weight of the wallet. I also singed the edges of the straps with a lighter to make sure they wouldn't fray over time.

And there you have it! This wristlet wallet is now completely functional! Thanks Mom, and thank you all for reading.

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

Lovely! I love having a handy purse that can work as a purse or cute little wristlet for an occasion. Great job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD