Thursday, May 28, 2015

Purse to Wristlet

Hey everyone! I've got another simple refashion to show you today. A few years back my Mom gave me this here wallet purse. It's my absolute favorite. It fits all of my "junk" in such an organized fashion and comes with removable/adjustable straps so you can wear it as a purse. I just love it so! It usually stays in my diaper bag, but on the rare occasion when I get to travel light, I just take my nifty purse!



Unfortunately, most every time I tried to use it in this way, the silly hooks that hold the straps on would come loose!!!  So to save my favorite wallet (and my sanity) I decided to improve on it's design!



My first step was to trim the purse strap to wristlet length. By doing this, I also removed those pesky clips.


In this picture I am checking the length prior to sewing.


I used my rock-solid Rocketeer to sew this. She is a lot more forgiving when sewing thicker items.


I had to sew the straps sideways to get traction from both feed dogs.


I sewed MANY stitches back and forth to make sure the straps could withstand the weight of the wallet. I also singed the edges of the straps with a lighter to make sure they wouldn't fray over time.


And there you have it! This wristlet wallet is now completely functional! Thanks Mom, and thank you all for reading.







1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

Lovely! I love having a handy purse that can work as a purse or cute little wristlet for an occasion. Great job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD