Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

See-Through Shirt Solution

I really liked the fabric in this shirt (it's a rayon knit) and the self-covered buttons on the sleeves.  You can't tell here by the way the light is coming in, but it was tight, thin, and very see-through - you could see the entire outline of the bra. It's a light greenish-blue.
I tried to think of different ways to fix it and in the end I noticed that if you scrunched it up, you couldn't really see through it. I gathered it on the sides, and with two rows of stitching down the front and the back. So then the next step seemed to be to add a skirt and make it into a dress.  I like purple with different shades of blue and green, so that's what I went with.  A few little fabric roses were added to make it seem like the skirt wasn't an afterthought.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

cfortin said...

Very clever and really cute solution.

Upcycled Design Lab