Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, May 11, 2015

Silky Spots

I attempted to refashion this dress a couple years ago, but it just didn't work out as I planned. I couldn't even get the resulting dress over my chest. So it hung in my refashion closet until I could figure out how to salvage it.

Teal Silky Spotted Top - BeforeTeal Silky Spotted Top - In Progress

In the end, I decided to go simple and make a basic tank top. I used an existing top as a pattern and some bias tape left over from another project as a contrasting facing around the neck and armholes.

Teal Silky Spotted Top - After

You can find more details and photos at CarissaKnits!

Teal Silky Spotted Top - Before & After


Therese said...

Looks much better as a simple top! Well done the second time round.

Klockarbarn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Klockarbarn said...

I agree with Therese. It looks fantastic as a simple top. And with that outfit - looks really nice.

Refashion said...

I agree it works much better as a simple top. Looks lovely

Debbie EOD

g.satansbraten said...

Probably more use as top as well ?

Otherwise - you know already: it's carrying coals to Newcastle = austral. saying for 'owls to Athens' to praise your skills ;-) !

LG, Gerlinde