Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, May 02, 2015

Springtime Blouse

I found this shirt for $1.00 but it was too big and I was not crazy for the ruffled peplum, but that didn't stop me from buying it. I thought the pattern was fun and had potential. Although the  refashioned version does not look too much different from the original, it took a lot of steps to achieve this refashion. I first removed the sleeves. Then, I  shortened the shirt by taking it in at the shoulders and at the  sides to fit.   I removed the peplum and finished the hem. Finally the sleeves were  reattached.  Because of the versatility of the shirt, this will be in heavy rotation this season : )


jenny_o said...

Looks breezy and comfortable - very nice job on those alterations. I so dislike taking shoulders up but I'm short-waisted so I should just resign myself to doing it - it makes such a difference.

jennifer elliott said...

I love love love the bright colors and pattern of the tunic. Great refashion.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD