NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Sunday, May 31, 2015

T Neck to Tee



When I first bought this piece ($3.99 from the thrift store, it's Land's End) I thought I would make a clingy skirt from it. But while trying to come up with ways to style it, I decided a shirt would be more serviceable.


Before picture: a turtle neck (it CHOKES me) with long sleeves. I like the yellow, I like the stripes, I like the fabric. To make it useful and comfortable, I simply chopped off the neck and sleeves. I made old-school neck and sleeve hems; turn over twice, no rough edges.


And I decided to stitch by hand. It's a cold, rainy day (51 F) and it's pleasant to cuddle with the dog and sew.

Here I am in my new 3/4 sleeve, scoop neck tee!







And there's more: I have enough fabric left from the turtle neck and the sleeves to make a pair of super soft stretchy underpants!



1 comment:

Carissa said...

Much more wearable! I love the black and yellow stripes!

-Carissa
EOD