Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, June 01, 2015

2 for 1

I bought this dress on clearance at Macy's last Autumn. Original price $70.00, which I paid $7.50. Great deal, so I didn't try it on at the store. So you know what comes didn't fit right. Too confining and fit weird.

So, I cut it half at waist level. For the shirt, I just folded the edges under and hemmed 

For the skirt, I added some ribbing material that I had on hand, folded in half and added to the top of the skirt. 

Skirt with ribbing waist band - so comfy : )

Before                                                                     After

1 comment:

Carissa said...

So much better as two pieces! I love the maxi skirt with the navy sweater.