Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Addicted to Stripes

I worked on a couple of pretty quick dress refashions this past week/weekend...striped dresses!!! I thrifted both just recently, this first one being a maternity dress. 


I took in the overall size from armpit to hem, then to give it a bit of definition at the waist, I created a pleated gather at each side...wanna see more details? Head over here.


This next dress was bleach-spotted and had funky armpit stains. So sleeveless was a must!


I also reworked the neckline and bodice to create this scooped v that allows me to wear the dress frontwards or backwards! Funky stains gone, easy summer midi is here to stay :) Want to see more of the process? Same link as above!


Time to go on a thrifting hiatus and save up some pennies...but I've got an ample stash to shop, so here's to more sewing and less buying!

Happy Refashioning,
Andrea
Little Did You Know

1 comment:

RanchHouse said...

Andrea,
These are both cute as can be for summer.
I can see both going into fall with leggings, tights and boots. Thanks for sharing.
Mary @ RanchHouse Wednesday Editor of the Day