Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Dress to Skirt

I snatched this dress up for .99 cents with the intention of making a a Maxi Dress.

I began by cutting off all the things that annoyed me:

I cut the yoke off and made a casing for elastic... but I didn't like how it turned out. I thought the length was a little weird on me #petite :) so I decided to just make a skirt. I added elastic to the original waistband of the black fabric and cut 13" off the length.

I finished the new and shortened edge with a rolled hem.

And, just for fun... I made a rosette brooch from the plaid scrap.

If you want to see how this was the refashion that I nearly gave up on, click here to see my original post. 


cfortin said...

Way to stick with it. I have had projects that just wont cooperate too.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

jennifer elliott said...

So pretty! I love the new skirt. Great job.