Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Flower Yarn

What do you think this "yarn" is made from?
Flower on shirtI didn't LOVE this teal sweater that was given to me;  the color is fun, but the style was a little boring. One day I was wearing the teal sweater while looking at this yummy yarn, when I realized that bam! I should combine the two!  I pulled off my sweater, ignoring a dirt mark on the side and pinned the yarn into a flower shape.  I used clear thread, although I probably could have used just about any color.  It didn't take long to stitch into place and now this boring sweater has a new chapter in life.  (A hand wash only chapter, that's for sure.  I do not recommend starting off with a dirty sweater, but when inspiration comes in a wave, I jump in.)

To find out what this yarn is upcycled from and where I got it, check The Little Moments!

Amy Jo

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

I have the tendency to do the same thing -- jump in with both feet when a brilliant idea hits me. I love the yarn flower -- nice job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD