Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Little jacket

Look how unflattering and dated the original garment was:
It's a pouffy, satiny, pullover top. Like something a grandma in the '80s might have worn. (I'm looking at you, Nanny. RIP!)
It was surprisingly easy to make it into this bolero, or what I call a "little jacket."
For more, here's the full post on my blog, Craft, Thrift, or Die!


Elizabeth Hill said...

Did the tag on this top say "Castleberry"? Because I have a very similar Castleberry top in my stash that's bright pink with little elephants, and I haven't been able to decide what to do with it. I may steal your idea. I looks so cute!

- Elizabeth
aka The Hungry Octopus

Gema Ensenat said...

That's a really pretty 'little jacket'! :)

jennifer elliott said...

Great refashion! I would never wear the original unless it was Halloween, but great idea of turning it into a little jacket.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Erica Moody said...

Elizabeth, I think the label said "Josephine." I look forward to seeing the pink elephant jacket!