Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, June 01, 2015

Mother Knows Best

My mom recently sent me a couple items to refashion: a too-large hot pink polka dot dress someone else had given her and a black and white polka dot tank top she hadn't worn in years. It's as if she knows I have a fondness for polka dots...

Pink Polka Dot Dress - BeforeBlack & White & Lace Tank - Before

For the dress, I cut out the mid-section, took in the bodice, reattached the skirt with some pleats to soak up the extra fabric, and re-used the buttons from the mid-section to close up the bottom slit. And behold, my new favorite dress!

Pink Polka Dot Dress - After

Pink Polka Dot Dress Before & After

Then for the black and white top, I called in reinforcements in the form of this white polka dot lace tank top.

Black & White & Lace Tank - Before

I cut the side seams and shoulder seams on each top and then put the front of one and the back of the other back together! And now I've got a trendy solid-front-lace-back tank top with polka dots all over!

Black & White & Lace Tank - AfterBlack & White & Lace Tank - After

Black & White & Lace Tank - After

For more details and photos of each refashion, visit me over at CarissaKnits!


Refashion said...

Both refashions look great. I like the lace back!

Debbie EOD

Therese said...

Well done two wearable and lovely items!