Saturday, June 13, 2015

REFASHION: more fun with freezer paper

00.greenfreeze1

During a recent weekend between shoving Skittles in my mouth and watching the Twilight (Rifftrax version) movie marathon, I completed four shirts to hang back in my closet. Yay! I took an oversized navy blue shirt, made it more fitted, and painted the state of Wisconsin on it. Once the white paint dried after a few coats, I painted a small red heart near my previous residence.


00.greenfreeze2

After watching Jurassic Park -- not Jurassic World -- I decided I wanted a cute dinosaur shirt. I found a super cute baby dinosaur picture on the interweb and cut the shape out of freezer paper. I took an oversized red shirt, made it more fitted, and painted the baby dinosaur on the front. Did my baby dinosaur need an eye and smile? Meh. Not at this time.


99.dinosaur


On my third shirt, I made it a tad bigger and painted a cute baby narwhal on it. I really want to use the freezer paper method to write: Dear Noah, we could have sworn you said the ark wasn't leaving until 5 p.m. Sincerely, Unicorns. But I haven't mastered the letter yet and I couldn't find a unicorn photo I liked. So, I went with the next best thing: a cute baby narwhal.

99.narwhal

For my last shirt, I made it a tad bigger, painted the words "I'm fine," and created a blood splatter on the side. Think about any action movie, and the main character defeating all the bad guys in a battered and bloodied shirt. The shirt is an homage to all my favorite action heroes who don't let a little blood stop them. Thanks, Pinterest, for the inspiration!

99.fine

For more details and pictures, please click here!

Jennifer Elliott

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't decide which is my favorite - baby narwhal or baby dino. Great job!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus