I was drawn to this dress/tunic at my local thrift shop. And sure enough, it was silk. And I loved the colour.But it was too big, and I didn't like the frill in the front.
- I removed the frill and the buttons, and sewed the buttons back on on their original place.
- I considered making the dress fitted, but I have seen a lot of clothing with a looser fit lately, and thought this dress would be a good candidate for that. So I only took it in a little at the sides.
- I elongated the pleats in the front about 10 cm (4"), to make the bodice more structured (and avoid the maternity shirt look). I took forever to pin straight!
- Lastly I managed to squeeze a narrow sash out of the scrap of frill fabric.
So while it might look like I just took the original tunic and accentuated the waist with a sash, I did do a little more ;-).
|Sorry for the bad lightning|
(it does! It must! Temperatures is still lingering around 12-15 C (53-60 F) here, and it is a tad cold in june, even for Scandinavia)