NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Friday, June 05, 2015

Summer Dress Refashion

Hello everyone,

I love bright colors, but I tend to shy away from them if I feel they are a bit too 'loud'. I had this floral summer dress sat in my wardrobe, but I never wore it because it always just seemed a bit too much in terms of brightness.

I came up with the idea to tone it down by attaching it to a white vest top, as you can see below:



I used a piece of the excess fabric that had been cut away to make a little ruffle on the centre bust of the vest top, and I teamed it with a black waist belt to give it a more polished look.

This was very simple to do, I just chopped off the top of the dress, chopped off the bottom of a vest top, and then zig-zag stitched the gathered skirt onto the vest.

Until next time,

Jeni

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Cute! It looks so much better now!

Marisa Glied said...

Awesome refash!!! I love it!!!

Andrea said...

Very cute result! I think that the overall floral was a bit much as a dress, but as a skirt? Perfection!

Andrea EOD