Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, June 04, 2015

That '70s Show

Styles from the 1970s are back this season, and I've had this darling dress hanging in my refashion closet for a while now that would be perfect! I found it for $6.50 at one of my favorite thrift shops.

Flower Child Dress - Before

The sleeves were a little overwhelming though. So I chopped them off at their shoulder seams, trimmed several inches from the tops of the sleeves, and then reattached them. And just like that, I have a brand new dress for the summer heat that's well on its way already.

Flower Child Dress - After

For more details and photos, check out CarissaKnits!

Flower Child Dress - Before & After


whatthesew said...

I love the flower patterns and the colour of this dress but you were right about the sleeves.

jennifer elliott said...

With the exception of the original sleeves, I love everything about the dress -- the style, color, pattern. I agree the sleeves were overwhelming. Great job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Gema Ensenat said...

That made such a difference! Really beautiful now, and love it with the hat too! :)