NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Turning a Jacket into a Corset

I totally deconstructed a jacket that was too small and made a corset out of it. I love the colors so wanted to make something different with it. Even the sleeves and the collar were opened up and laid flat; I had nothing but little pieces left.


It was my first time making a corset and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. The fabric has some stretch to it so I used an iron on interfacing, as well as the sew in interfacing. I didn't have enough fabric left for the binding, but found some in my stash that complemented it.


When I went to find the pictures I swear I took of the before and during they had totally disappeared. Oh well. I still have the after pictures.



1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

I adore corsets! Job well done -- a corset isn't something I have tackled yet but your corset looks fantastic.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD