NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A top-down T-shirt trim

Today I'm sharing how I converted this awkward minidress/T-shirt into just a T-shirt. I was worried I wouldn't be able to do it, since, to preserve the artwork, I had to cut and rebuild the top portion, where there's armholes and necklines and such, rather than the bottom where it's simple. But in the end, it worked, and I got a nice biking-themed top that's practical enough to actually ride my bike in!

Before

After


Photos and a description of the process can be found at my blog!

1 comment:

cfortin said...

l really like what you did. Your new top is fabulous.

Cindy EOD
Upcycled Design Lab