Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, July 06, 2015

Americana Bag

The original woven fabric of this clutch purse was heavily damaged, so I salvaged the nifty wooden handle. Then I made a new bag to attach to it out of an old pair of jeans, a remnant of lace from a previous refashion, and a bit of red satin.

Americana Bag - Before

I reused the back pockets from the jeans, one outside and one inside the bag, and the leather Levi's label was a fun decorative throw-back to the fabric's original form. The waistband of the jeans became the straps on my new bag.

Americana Bag - After

It's the perfect size to carry everything I need, even a small knitting project, but not so large that I'll spend hours digging around to find things.

Americana Bag - After

Check out CarissaKnits for more details and photos!

Americana Bag Before & After


Refashion said...

That's a lovely bag!

Debbie EOD

whatthesew said...

Denim's so versatile isn't it? I like the way you have used the pockets too.

Amy Jo said...

Wow. Love the project and fantastic pictures!