Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, July 20, 2015

Beating the Heat

As August approaches, it's been getting hotter and hotter here in Texas. So I decided to make a comfy little summer dress from this XL dress and a plain t-shirt.

Teal and Mint Summer Dress - BeforeTeal and Mint Summer Dress - Before

I chopped off the top of the dress and the bottom of the shirt and attached the two in pieces at the waist. Then I created a casing and threaded through some elastic. Couldn't be easier!

Teal and Mint Summer Dress - After

For more details and photos, visit me at CarissaKnits!

Teal and Mint Summer Dress - Before & After


RanchHouse said...

Hi Carissa,
I thought you were in hot, hot, hot Texas as your post confirmed.
I am an hour south of Dallas, north of Waco.
Cute dress, this is one of my favorite summer styles. I wear these in place of sun dresses when I need more coverage.
Mary @ RanchHouse

Samwise J. said...

I really need to try this T-shirt dress craze that is sweeping the refashion nation! *digs through pile*

RanchHouse said...

Take a look at Carissa's blog for great details and pictures on this refashion. This one has elastic added.

Carissa said...

Indeed, Mary, I am in Texas - in one of Dallas' northern suburbs actually.

Valerie said...

The colors look perfect together!

Refashion said...

Lovely colour matching, Carissa!