Unfortunately, I missed taking a "before" photo of the shirt I cut up, but here's one that's exactly the same, dome buttons and everything:
Here's the skirt I drafted using a basic A-line pattern. I used a formula that I was taught at a library workshop, but to be honest it fits quite snugly, i.e., I can't eat much more than a few celery sticks in it before it feels like I'm going to pop a button, and I've had better luck just eyeballing it and drawing one up based on an existing skirt that fits me well.
The best thing = no hemming! No buttonholes, either, except for at the new waistband. Wahoo!
I may take that waistband down an inch or so and make it a bit looser, just to give myself some more room, but other than that I was pretty happy with this one.
Thanks for reading!
Amy Rotini :)