NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Deco Tunic

I bought this shirt solely for the art deco-ish print!

Goodbye collar, sleeves, and shoulders. You won't be missed.


To get a flowy "A-line" shape, I sewed from the top new corners of my blouse to the existing outer bottom hem, basically making a tube of fabric... I would need elastic to hold the girls in place better:


And just like that, in a few simple steps... a tunic is born.


I paired it with some leggings and a cardigan, but it would look just as cute without it I think. One day I'll be brave and try it out :)



As always, this refashion only cost me .99 cents. To see my full tutorial click here

1 comment:

Elizabeth Hill said...

What a change! That print is wonderful, and so is the new tunic!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus