NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, July 13, 2015

DIY Christmas in July

Oops, I forgot to take a before photo, but you can pretty well guess what it would have looked like by looking at the after photo!

Basically, I took this funky green tank top with a red stripe, and made it just a little bit longer by adding a strip of red to the bottom.

I bunched up part of the bottom strip and slit the sides to make up for some flaws in my work, and I ended up with an even funkier (and I like to think cooler) shirt than before!


I also made a matching tie-on headband out of the remaining red fabric.

Taking my new shirt and headband for a literal spin at the playground!
More details about the process can be found at my blog, The Unfashionista!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

I love the asymmetry of this top, and I love how you mirrored the gathered green fabric up top by gathering the red at the hip. Looks great!

-Carissa
EOD

jenny_o said...

I like how you let the piece guide you for this refashion - sometimes that makes the best refashions! I've been to your blog and left a couple of comments there - your writing makes for very enjoyable reading!