NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Easy Skirt-to-Bag Transformation

I'm not a huge fan of the color yellow, so when I was given a yellow ruffled skirt several years ago, I found I rarely wore it.

I decided that the skirt would look better as a bag and the yellow could be a removable pop of color as an accessory as opposed to the foundation of an outfit as a skirt.
I removed the top portion of the skirt and attached it as a liner and took scraps from my Just a Trim Dress and made a strap.

Now I have a ruffled yellow bag. I posted more steps on my blog at probablyrachel.com.


2 comments:

Elizabeth Hill said...

Very cute bag! So bright and cheery!


- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Kathy W. said...

LOVE this!!!!