Considering my affection for gingham, I was thrilled to find this dress on "half price dresses" day. I loved the turquoise and black color and the velveteen covered buttons, but it did have a few issues, as noted.
I don't have any process photos for this one. I essentially removed the sleeves and the collar, then raised the whole bodice up at the shoulder seams. This brought the waist up, and the neckline!
I used a commercial pattern to cut new sleeves and armholes, then reattached them to the bodice.
I cut about 7" off the length and hemmed it with a small rolled hem.
With the excess cut from the bottom, I made a sash to tie around my waist.
I'm loving this comfortable, cotton dress. It's perfect for the sunny weather!
For more refashions, please visit by blog, Second Chances by Susan. Thanks!