Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Made in Italy, restyled in London

I pulled this garment from the 50p bin in my favourite charity shop
I think it was so cheap because it was in need of a wash and an iron.

I didn't know what it was meant to be, maybe a beach cover up bought on holiday in Italy.  The label said 'Made in Italy'  but no brand, and it was 100% linen.

There were some nice elements, the lace yolk at the back and the rope edge the collar.

The mottled colour reminded me of a cloudy summer sky.

I shortened the sleeves, took in some of the width and removed the two flaps at the bottom of the front, and was left with this.
I decided to keep the hemline shape higher at the front, but add a bright check binding.  I could also not resist adding this superdry badge because it featured 2 crossed sewing needles.

More details available here  Apparently I inserted an unusable link last time, hope it works now.

Finished look, its still quite roomy, worn around Old Leigh near Southend.  I like the check contrast against jeans. It needs ironing again!


Happy sewing x

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

nice job. The shirt pairs well with jeans or pants.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD