NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Pillow Case to Tote Bag

My very first non-clothing refashion!

I have a friend who lives very close to the local IKEA store. She and her family like to stalk the as-is section. They recently acquired a lot of textiles from the as-is section, and passed some on to me.

I got a handful of small, square pillow cases. After seeing the color of one of them, I had a plan!

Just happens to be the color for my favorite baseball team. :)
I removed the stitching around the edges, tacked up the bottom corners of the pillow case to give the tote bag a bottom, sewed on some straps made of some nylon webbing I had laying around. And last night, as I watched the American League win the All-Star Game, I used white craft paint to paint the team logo onto my new bag.

Tacked up corner to make a flat bottom for the bag.


My new tote bag!


2 comments:

RanchHouse said...

We are trying to convert to no plastic bags. Thanks so much for this idea.
I forgot it was my day as EOD but wanted to comment on this idea and now see it is my day. So double thanks for posting.
Mary @ RanchHouse Editor of the Day (EOD)

Gema Ensenat said...

Such neat work! And the logo...wish my writing was that precise! :)