Monday, July 13, 2015

T-Shirt to Summer Dress Refashion

It all started off as this t-shirt shown below. I liked the embroidery, but not so much the basic silhouette. I decided to make a dress  out of it! For the bottom part of the dress, I chopped of a piece of a dress that was too big for me.


I chopped off a piece of the shirt & top part of the dress. Then I gathered both until they were the size of the elastic.


Next, I sewed the skirt and top to the elastic using a zig zag stitch.


My original plan was this: 
A big red bow on front, BUT I wasn't fully convinced, and it didn't feel too "summer" for me. I love bows, but sometimes it just doesn't work. *sigh*


I decided to add bell sleeves, using the sleeves from the original dress. I cut off the armpit part & sewed in a piece of white fabric from the t-shirt. 


TA DA!
See the full tutorial over at Sew Much Love, Mary



With Sew Much Love, 
Mary :)

4 comments:

GeekyArtsyMommy said...

It works much better as a dress. :)

jenny_o said...

I adore those sleeves.

Unknown said...

Super cute

cfort82 said...

Such a pretty refashion.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab