Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, July 13, 2015

T-Shirt to Summer Dress Refashion

It all started off as this t-shirt shown below. I liked the embroidery, but not so much the basic silhouette. I decided to make a dress  out of it! For the bottom part of the dress, I chopped of a piece of a dress that was too big for me.

I chopped off a piece of the shirt & top part of the dress. Then I gathered both until they were the size of the elastic.

Next, I sewed the skirt and top to the elastic using a zig zag stitch.

My original plan was this: 
A big red bow on front, BUT I wasn't fully convinced, and it didn't feel too "summer" for me. I love bows, but sometimes it just doesn't work. *sigh*

I decided to add bell sleeves, using the sleeves from the original dress. I cut off the armpit part & sewed in a piece of white fabric from the t-shirt. 

See the full tutorial over at Sew Much Love, Mary

With Sew Much Love, 
Mary :)


Bailey Mills said...

It works much better as a dress. :)

jenny_o said...

I adore those sleeves.

Gingham Ginger said...

Super cute

cfortin said...

Such a pretty refashion.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab