It all started off as this t-shirt shown below. I liked the embroidery, but not so much the basic silhouette. I decided to make a dress out of it! For the bottom part of the dress, I chopped of a piece of a dress that was too big for me.
I chopped off a piece of the shirt & top part of the dress. Then I gathered both until they were the size of the elastic.
Next, I sewed the skirt and top to the elastic using a zig zag stitch.
My original plan was this:
A big red bow on front, BUT I wasn't fully convinced, and it didn't feel too "summer" for me. I love bows, but sometimes it just doesn't work. *sigh*
I decided to add bell sleeves, using the sleeves from the original dress. I cut off the armpit part & sewed in a piece of white fabric from the t-shirt.
See the full tutorial over at Sew Much Love, Mary
With Sew Much Love,